Blog Archives - Page 2 of 2 - Hospital Standards

Blog

  • India-independence-mela-Auagust-2013
    Permalink Gallery

    Visit us at our Booth – India’s Independence Day Fair – August 17th 2013

Visit us at our Booth – India’s Independence Day Fair – August 17th 2013

India-independence-mela-Auagust-2013

HospitalStandards.org will be India Independence Day Fair 2013.

WHEN: Saturday August 17th – 5:30 pm to 11 pm

WHERE: Excelsior High School

 

Come visit us at our Booth at the Mela.

Get Free water at our booth!

 

Excelsior High School LOCATION MAP:

View Larger Map

Issues at Fortis Malar Hospital Chennai

We recently received the following email from a “Concerned Citizen of India”.
Two issues that this email highlighted:
  • The fire sump built inside the hospital is just a sham. It is not connected to fire hose and in the eventuality of a fire, it won’t work.
  • The top three floors of the hospital are unauthorized.

 

fortis-malar-hospital-chennaiThere is no way for us to verify this information about Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai.
We are simply passing on the message…spreading the word. If you can help with this story and take some action on it, Contact us!
————————————————
I would like to bring to you another burning issue facing our hospitals. Many of the private hospitals in India have been built in violation of all building safety norms. Many of the floors that have been built have not been authorized by the municipal corporation of that region. Moreover, the fire safety norms are not only not followed, they are violated to the extent that fire safety equipment don’t even exist in the hospitals. I can personally cite the example of Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai. It is located in the posh Adyar area of Chennai. It is 180 bed hospital with 7 floors. The top three floors of the hospital are unauthorized and have been existing for years. Also, the fire sump built inside the hospital is just a sham. It is not connected to fire hose and in the eventuality of a fire, it won’t work. These facts are known to the Vice – Chairman of Fortis Healthcare – Shivinder Singh. Infact, he had authorized the creation of fire sump, with the knowledge that it would be used just as a showcase and would never be functional.
There would be many more such hospitals throughout India. I don’t know who would be the relevant health authority in India who would be honest and bold enough to address these issues.
————————————————
Share Your Review so others can be cautioned.
 –

Most Common Medical Mistakes in India

It took two long months for a Delhi hospital to throw in the towel. It took just two short days for Jayant K. Bhuyan, 58-year-old senior executive of the Confederation of Indian Industries, to lose his life on the operation table.

Number of complaints against doctors for negligence has gone up, but in the absence of information, no one really knows how many such cases occur.

Top 5 Common Health Issues for Travel to India

As India is a developing nation, visitors need to take special precautions against illnesses not normally encountered at home. A trip to a doctor or travel clinic is recommended well in advance of your departure date to ensure that you receive all the necessary immunizations and medications.

In particular, the following common health issues should be addressed.

  • 130515_ORGANS_GURKIREN_KAUR
    Permalink Gallery

    British girl, 8, killed in Indian clinic in attempt to take her organs, parents say

British girl, 8, killed in Indian clinic in attempt to take her organs, parents say

Parents of an eight-year-old girl want an investigation after she died in a clinic in India and had her organs removed without them knowing. ITV’s Mark Gough reports.

By Alastair Jamieson, Staff writer, NBC News

A girl who died while vacationing in India was missing her internal organs when her body was returned to Britain, according to her parents who fear she may have been the victim of the illegal trade in human body parts.

But the hospital in India where her body was taken reportedly denied the girl’s organs were harvested for sale, insisting they were removed for additional investigation as to the cause of death.

Gurkiren Kaur, 8, died moments after a doctor treating her for dehydration in India’s Punjab region gave her an injection two weeks ago, according to her family.